Coordination work between
M.C. & owner
Collection and study of all project documents, recognition of all requirements, expectations and special rules (standards) of project and preparation of project information regarding:
- The type of contracts and rules, contractual limitations and responsibilities.
- Specifications, Capacities, Quantities, …
- Criteria (standards) and design and contractual specific rules.
- Limitations due to: financial, contractual, legal technical and executive, climate and ecological and environmental conditions for project handling.
1-2) Classification of activities:
Determination and specification of required activities (services) and their classification to consultancy, supervision, inspection, quality control, procurement, fabrication, erection … and finally preparation general organization and coordination in order to offer concerned services at different sections.
1-3) Project Coordination Plan :
Preparation of project coordination plan which is indicating the method of following and responsibility of performing any activity connected with consultancy (in the field of technical & executive, procurement and fabrication) and erection, inspection, quality control and assigning the responsibility of checking and judgment and approval and confirmation.
1-4) Site construction coordination:
To prepare the method of site construction coordination based on owner's policies.
1-5) Preparation of communication and organization chart:
To prepare the project's organization chart (in all fields) in construction period containing command lines, reporting, conducting and control lines for relation between different dept's responsible key personnel of project consisting of key personnel of owner, consultant, contractors, manufactures, vendors, …
1-6) Organization and methods (procedures):
General organization and coordination for service accomplishment and submitting to owner for approval.
Preparing the methods, indications and required forms and anticipation of those cases required for doing the services and demonstrating as document.
Detail Engineering, Technical specification, Process flow diagram,
Review engineering Specification, requisition sheet and vendor drawing and document and making sure of conformance between vendor documents & Engg. Specifications.
2-1-2) Field engineering :
Review of designs, standards, and special rules of design or fabrication.
Review and following of engineering documents completion through engineering contractor.
Study and review of documents of each unit in disciplines of civil, steel construction, mechanical, piping, electrical and instrument and making sure of conformance between documents and specification and checking of conformity between disciplines, clarification of all non-conformances, preparation of suggested solution and giving to engineering contractor for taking action.
Review of document and design specifications for any item or equipment with vendor documents and making sure of conformance and designer view point fulfillment.
Review, improving, change and confirmation of all recommended modifications, improving changes and finalizing via engineering contractor.
Providing of designing service, engineering service following of material supplying of those sections of equipment materials which are not considered in main plan.
2-2) Arrangement and check for variations / change orders, Non-conformance activity
Acc. To Non-Conformance activity (attachment No. 1).
- Preparation vendor list.
- Preparation purchasing procedure.
- Proposal for vendor selection.
- Preparation technical & commercial inquiry document.
- Evaluation of quotation.
- Recommendation of vendor.
- Issue & follow-up purchase order.
- Review & approval shipping / packing instruction & schedule.
- Review & approval ocean / Air freight.
- Review & approval shipping document.
Follow-up: Equipments & materials on F.O.B export port, packing inspection, shipping document,packing list, commercial invoice, Bill of material, insurance documentation.
- Prepare coordination procedure for Ware-house.
- To study and review of regulations, methods, systems and procedures regarding the packaging, inspection, insurance releasing (from customs) , receipt and storage of material and identification of shortages and method of providing.
- To determine the extent and volume of project material service affairs.
- To prepare and present the executive methods and organization chart considering duties and responsibilities of material service affairs.
- Design of job circulating diagram and required forms for material control.
- Organizing of material committee for checking and approval of process (method) and related forms.
- Collection of list of article items together with technical specification, drawings and other required documents for checking and control.
- To prepare the instruction for opening each package and material item inspection and verify damaged items, shortage and discrepancy in features and quality and inform vendor and follow up to clear shortage and rectify the non conformity.
- Following up in order to compensate (balance) the damage taken place on project shipments during transportation.
- To prepare the instruction in connection with classification and coding of spare parts and follow it for execution.
- Control and inspection on material storage method in project warehouse and contractors' warehouse with regard to storage codes.
3-4) Material preparation
Acc. To attachment No. 2.
Overall Schedule Control
- Preparation organization chart and plan for M.C. and submit for approval.
- Review and approval organization chart & plan for constructions mobilization.
- Review and approval estimation of total work.
- Preparation plan and schedule related to construction material & equipments (owner supply) and submit for approval.
- Preparation project Time-Management.
Contents of the following majors processes:
- - Activity Definition
- - Activity Sequencing
- - Activity Duration Estimation
- - Schedule development
- - Schedule control
- Preparation Project Procurement Management.
Contents of the following majors processes:
- - Procurement planning ( determining what to procure and when)
- - Requirements Planning ( documenting product requirements and identifying potential sources)
- - Preparation information ( bids & proposals)
- - Source selection
- - Contract administration ( managing the relationship with seller )
- - Contract close-up
- - Planning & Project Control:
- To prepare general plan and scheduling project considering the owner's goals.
- To prepare the program for availability to pre-requirements of site activities such as drawings and material.
- To prepare the project detailed time schedule and clarification of critical paths and activities.
Checking and review and approval of contractor's detailed schedule with regard to master time schedule of project and contractor's convention.
- To prepare the time schedule for pre-commissioning and commissioning and performance test of units.
- Project control:
- Continuous control and checking of project activity's progress based on confirmed time schedule.
- To prepare (provide) daily, weekly, monthly… reports and specify problems and bottlenecks and presenting the suitable solution.
Project cost management and
Included following major processes:
- Resource (Man-power, Equipments & Materials) planning.
- Cost estimating (to estimate the cost of resources which are needed to complete the project activities).
- Cost Budgeting (allocate the overall cost estimate to individual work items).
- Cost control (controlling changes to the project budget).
Cost accounting & statues reporting
- Checking & approval reports of purchases, completion payment.
- Preparation :
- Cost Status
- Payment Status
- Forecasting future cost for 3 months
- And submit to owner for review & approval.
Selection of Construction Contractors
- Preparation Construction bid packages.
- To receive contractors proposal.
- Evaluation of proposal.
- Conclusion of contracts.
Field contractual service
- To investigate and checking of contractor's detail of quantity and progress status.
- To file the different bills referred to works carried-out and checking of works order and minutes of site meetings.
- To prepare and arrange the tables of change of work volume and investigate the request for contracts extension and offer the proposal for taking decision.
- To investigate the contractor's claims.
- To verify the final invoices of contractors.
Supervision and Technical Inspection
- Control on equipment and material.
- Making coordination between activities of owner, contractors, manufactures, vendors and other groups engaged with project and executive jobs and following for their performance of duties obligations with regard to contractual condition.
- Planning, organizing of regularly coordination meetings and preparation of Mom's and following that taken decisions have been fulfilled.
- To follow the accomplishment of programmed activities and receiving the related reports in order to study and control of physical progress and coordination with project control section for analyzing program and deviations from plan and showing the way to compensate.
- Supervision on carrying-out the activities of civil, steel structures, mechanical, tanks, piping, electrical and making sure of conformances of activities with drawings, specifications and standards.
- Continuous review of contractor's organization from human resource view point, equipment, consumables, considering the prearranged time schedules.
- Checking and control of contractor's progress status.
- Inspection and quality control on following activities:
- Welding and fabrication of tanks, pressure vessels and heat exchangers.
- Industrial piping and welding.
- Fixed and rotary equipments erection.
- Cables pulling and installation of electrical and instrumentation equipment.
- Sand blasting, painting and insulation.
- Preparation and performing of itp related with project different activities.
The construction & erection supervision manager is responsible for Coordination construction & erection activities, in the following area:
The construction and erection supervisions are responsible for directing and overseeing in assigned construction or erection work.
- Follow-up contraction activities for :
- Program establishment at the job-site.
- Program monitoring activities.
- Hon conformance resolution.
- Supervision and field assistance and program completion activities.
- Follow-up and direction contractor, to prepare the construction inspection & test plan (I.T.P), during the construction activities
- Follow-up contraction to perform the necessary quality planning activities to ensure conformity between sequence activities and suitability to meet project quality objectives. such activities should include:
- Preparation of the job specific and identification of the requirements.
- Ensure compatibility of construction processes and procedures with the inspection and test procedures and documentation.
- Identify the inspection required at various stage of construction and provide clarification of acceptability with standards.
- Construction supervision manager shall report directly to M.C. site manager.
The construction and erection supervisions are responsible for verifying and documenting the work in accordance with specification, drawing and procedure and inspection & test plan and know up to date status of construction and informing responsible personnel about unsatisfactory items and follow up the connective action to resolve unsatisfied item.
Construction and erection supervisions shall be control documents and data to ensure the latest applicable drawing specification and instruction are used for fabrication & construction and erection and also inspection and testing documents
- The final control and conformity.
- To offer the method of static tests, free run test, …
- Cleaning and flushing of piping and storage tanks.
- To study the pre-commissioning documents and preparation of punch list and unidentified items and clarification the matter regarding to view point of the designer and supplier.
- The marked diagrams preparation regarding the pre-commissioning circuits.
- Review requirements of each circuit for pre-commissioning, to study and identify those circuits which could be pre-commissioned at the same time.
- To collect the check list and test sheet and other regarding documents.
- Preparation of the present pre-commissioning forms (status-index) according to disciplines and equipments.